Coming Soon in 2014
Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5K/10K
Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 8:00 a.m.
We honor and remember Georgia’s Fallen Soldiers who have been killed in the Iraq and Afghan Wars. As always, all race proceeds benefit charities created in memory of a Fallen Georgia Soldier, and as always the ranks and names are listed on the rear of the race tee.
3/2 - 3/11
Chip Timed 5K & 10K are Peachtree Road Race Qualifiers!
No guaranteed race tee for race day registrants!
3 WAYS TO REGISTER TODAY!
- On-Line at Active.com : Thru 3/09/14
- In-Store Registration at all 7 Big Peach Running Co. Locations:Thru 3/05/14
Suwanee, Alpharetta, Marietta, Kennesaw, Decatur, Brookhaven & Midtown
- Mail In: Before 3/05/2014 (LOCATED IN THE RIGHT MARGIN)
Total Participation is limited to: 1,250 in the 5K & 750 in the 10K
DONATE OR SPONSOR A RUNNER:
- Either become a fundraiser so others can support your efforts, or simply make a donation.
Directions to become a fundraiser:
- CLICK HERE to donate to our non-profit using ActiveGiving.com
- Click on ‘Become a Fundraiser’ on top of the page, or simply donate.
- Then ‘Log In’ to your Active account (request a new passcode if needed).
- Then create a ‘Title’, Ex. John Doe Fundraising Page
- Then ‘Create your own web address, Ex: teamdoe (all one word)
- Then complete the ‘Fundraising Page Details’, ‘Add an Image’, ‘Set a Goal’, and ‘Display Options’ sections.
- Review your information, and then click on ‘Save & Finish’.
- Please let us know if you have problems at
Thank you for your support!
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER & STROLLER LIMITATIONS:
- All participants must register for the run, unless it is a child young enough to be pushed & remain in a stroller. All kids who are walking or running must register!
- All strollers must start in the 6th race corral, and then have only use a walking pace while on the race course. Any participant found to be running the course while pushing a stroller will be disqualified, and asked to stop participating in the race. This is for the safety of other participants, and for the safety of the child in the stroller.
USATF COURSE MAPS:
CLICK HERE : 5K Course Map
CLICK HERE : 10K Course Map
RACE CORRALS: very important!
- 5K Starting Corral Times:
Corral 1- 17:00-21:00 / Corral 2- 21:00-25:00 / Corral 3 - 25:00-30:00
Corral 4- 30:00-37:00 / Corral 5- 37:00-45:00 / Corral 6- 45:00-60:00
- 10K Starting Corral Times:
Corral 1- 35:00-50:00 / Corral 2- 50:00-65:00
Corral 3- 65:00-80:00 / Corral 4- 80:00-95:00
- Starting corrals will separate runners by expected finish times.
- This will work strictly on the ‘Honor System’.
- Slower runners need to stay to the right.
- Avoid running in groups of 3-4 runners wide, these groups are often difficult for others to pass. This is especially important in the first mile of the race.
- In other words, please be a courteous runner or walker.
- Cash Prizes & Awards for Overall Winners in both 5K & 10K:
- 1st Place M/F- $150, 2nd Place M/F $75, 3rd Place M/F $50
- Awards to Overall M/F, Masters 40+ M/F & Grand Masters 50+ M/F
- Awards to the TOP 3 M/F in each age group category:
9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Fallen Heroes of Georgia challenge coins to the Top 10% of race finishers in both the 5K & 10K.
PRERACE PACKET PICK UP:
- DAY 1: Thursday, March 13th from 10:00am- 6:00pm
Hamilton Mill Christian Church, 3809 Sardis Church Rd, Buford 30024 Ph. 678.869.5012
CLICK HERE for Google Maps Link
- DAY 2: Friday, March 14th from 10:00am-6:00pm
Big Peach Running Co. 320 Towne Center Avenue, Suwanee 30024 Ph. 678.869.5012
CLICK HERE for Google Maps Link
RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP:
- 6:30am-7:45am, located at the Grand Hall Pavilion of the Resort 7/10 of a mile after gate. Follow the signs and volunteer instructions.
- We recommend that all registrants arrive at the Resort at least 1-1.5 hour before the start of the race at 8:00AM. This is due to the delays that will occur when entering the Resort, possible delays at the gate, parking, race bib & tee pick up, and for a timely start of the races. Also be aware of the extensive road construction taking place on Lanier Islands Parkway, and make plans to possibly avoid Lanier Islands Parkway from I-985 to Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
- Lake Lanier Islands Resort is located at 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway (formerly Holiday Road), Buford, GA 30518. I-85N to Exit 113 I-985N, get off at Exit 8 Lanier Islands Pkwy/Friendship Road and TURN LEFT, and Lake Lanier Islands Resort is 4.5 miles straight ahead. Once in the Resort, please follow the signs and the volunteer’s instructions.
- Enter the resort, go over the bridge, go left around the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout, and the parking areas will be down .3 miles on the left and right sides. ‘5K participants’ will turn right at Camillia Road into the upper parking area, and ‘10K participants’ turn left at Camillia Road and a quick right into the lower parking area/Grand Hall Pavilion parking area. OR, all participants will park in the upper parking area depending on race turnout.
- Do not turn right at the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout because you will end up at the Legacy Lodge.
- For the safety of the finishing participants, the vehicles parked in the ‘10K parking area’ will not be able to exit until 9:30AM at the earliest for the safety of the participants finishing the race.
- Begins at 7:40AM: Bob Mahan’s opening prayer, and Pat Felt’s perfect rendition of the National Anthem.
- Again, please arrive at the Resort early to allow for gate delays, parking, and race bib / tee pick up delays.
SUPPORTERS & FAMILY OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Please stay within the marked areas around the start & finish area during the race.
- Only registered runners will be allowed on the race course.
- Enjoy your evening and THANK YOU all for your cooperation!
GET IN SHAPE FOR THE RACE:
- Run for the Fallen, Inc.- A non-profit that raises funds to support charities created in memory of a Fallen Georgia Soldier, and NO members of Run for the Fallen are paid for their time or efforts.
- Benefitting Charities: Mike Stokely Foundation, Evan Marshall Memorial Scholarship Fund, Matthew Freeman Project, Noah Harris Fund.Ashley Henderson Huff Memorial Scholarship and the Whitlock Foundation.
- Please contact us at
Tencate - Montlick & Associates - Lanier Therapy in Motion - Home Depot
Lake Lanier Islands Resort - Dixieland Pallet Co. - Wal Mart - Hamilton Mill Christian Church
Leon Farmer & Company - Cargill - Syfan Logistics - SAPA
Big Peach Running Co. - Gainesville State College - Georgia National Guard
KC Travel Team - Pro Care EMS - Quik Trip - Crystal Farms
They fell, but o’er that glorious grave, floats free the banner of the cause they died to save. — Francis Marion Crawford