Fallen Heroes of Georgia 5K
Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 8:00am
Join us at Lanier Islands in Buford as we honor and remember Georgia’s Fallen Soldiers who have been lost while fighting in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. As always all race proceeds benefit charities created in memory of a Fallen Georgia Soldier.
- Jan 3rd - Jan 10th: $25.00
- Jan 11th - Feb 25th: $30.00
- Feb 26th - March 6th: $35.00
- March 7th - March 12th: $40.00
- Race Day: $45.00
* Tee shirts for race day registrants will be available while supplies last.
Starting Time: 8:00am
3 WAYS TO REGISTER TODAY:
1. On-Line at RunSignUp.com: Thru March 12th
2. In-Store Registration Big Peach Running Co. in Suwanee Only: Thru March 8th
3. Mail-In Form: Postmarked by March 8th, (LOCATED IN THE RIGHT MARGIN OF THE HOME PAGE)
FACEBOOK HELPS US GET THE WORD OUT:
1. First go to our Fallen Heroes of Georgia site on Facebook, and
2. Then click on the 'Like' & 'Follow' tabs.\
3. Then scroll down and click 'Upcoming Events', and then click on 'Share' to invite your friends and family on Facebook.
4. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND CONTINUED SUPPORT!
- Please contact us at
- Fallen Heroes of Georgia, Inc.- Is a nonprofit that raises funds to support charities created in memory of a Fallen Georgia Soldier, and NO members of Run for the Fallen are paid for their time or efforts.
- Benefiting Charities: Evan Marshall Memorial Scholarship Fund, Matthew Freeman Project, Noah Harris Fund, Ashley Henderson Huff Memorial Scholarship, Whitlock Foundation, EOD1 Joseph A. McSween Scholarship Fund, LT Helton Memorial Foundation, Sgt Paul Saylor Bremen Scholarship Fund & the Mike Stokely Fund
DONATE -OR- BECOME A FUNDRAISER: :
- Cash Prizes for Overall Winners:
- 1st Place M/F- $150, 2nd Place M/F $75, 3rd Place M/F $50
- Awards to Overall M/F, Masters 40+ M/F & Grand Masters 50+ M/F.
- Awards to the TOP 3 M/F in each age group category: 9 and under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+.
- Fallen Heroes of Georgia challenge coins to the Top 10% of race finishers.
RACE COURSE MAP:
PRERACE PACKET PICK UP:
- DAY 1: Thursday, March 16th from 11:00am- 4:00pm at Hamilton Mill Christian Church, 3809 Sardis Church Rd, Buford, GA 30518
- DAY 2: Friday, March 17th from 11:00am-4:00pm at Big Peach Running Co., 320 Towne Center Avenue, Suwanee 30024 Ph. 678.869.5012
- DAY 3: Morning of the Race at Lanier Islands
PICKING UP A RACE PACK FOR A FRIEND AT PRERACE PACKET PICK UP:
- Participants are welcome to pick up bibs for other registered participants.
- Just please ask them to text a photo of their driver’s license.
- Please have the photo pulled up and ready to view when requesting the race bib and race tee.
- DO NOT forget the race bibs on the day of the race.
DAY OF RACE BIB & SHIRT PICK UP:
- First park in the Grand Hall Pavilion lot.
- Race bib and shirt pick-up will be located in the Upper Beach Parking Area. The parking area is near the intersection of Camellia Lane at Islands Parkway.
- NO GATE PASS THIS YEAR, SORRY.
- EACH VEHICLE WILL PAY $5.00 TO ENTER THE RESORT ON RACE DAY.
VENDORS AT THE RACE:
RACE WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE:
- Regardless of the weather, each race will be held on its scheduled date and time.
- Wear or bring needed weather related clothing if necessary.
- Wear BRIGHT AND OR REFLECTIVE clothing while participating.
- For safety purposes, keep your children close and on an adult’s right hand side or the curb side of the roadway.
ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER & STROLLER LIMITATIONS:
- All participants must register for the run, unless it is a child young enough to be pushed & remain in a stroller. All kids who are walking or running must register!
- All strollers must start in the rear of the 6th race corral, and then have only use a walking pace while on the race course. Any participant found to be running the course while pushing a stroller will be disqualified, and asked to stop participating in the race. This is for the safety of other participants, and for the safety of the child in the stroller. The roads are too narrow to weave around and run alongside other runners during the race.
- The race will be held atLanier Islands, located at 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway (formerly Holiday Road), Buford, GA 30518.
- I-85N to Exit 113 I-985N, get off at Exit 8 Lanier Islands Pkwy (formerly Friendship Road) and TURN LEFT, and Lake Lanier Islands Resort is 4.5 miles straight ahead. Once in the Resort, please follow the signs and the volunteer’s instructions.
CARPOOL, CARPOOL, CARPOOL:
- There may be as many as 1,000 vehicles entering the Resort just for this race. So please consider carpooling to reduce a potential back up at the gate.
- We recommend that all registrants arrive at the Resort to 1 - 1 ¼ hours before the start of the race. This is due to the delays that can occur when entering the Resort, passing the gate with possible volume related delays, parking, race bib and shirt pick up, walking back and forth to your vehicle to drop off race tee, brief opening ceremony, and lastly to be in place for a timely start of the race.
- Enter the resort, go over the bridge, go left around the ‘Clock Tower’ roundabout, in 4/10 of a mile turn left on Camellia Lane, and then right into the Grand Hall Pavilion parking area.
- Well placed signs will direct drivers to the parking area.
DAY OF RACE BIB & SHIRT PICK UP:
- First park in the Grand Hall Pavilion lot.
- Race bib and shirt pick-up will be located in the Upper Beach parking area, which is located across Islands Parkway and uphill into the Upper Beach parking area.
- Begins at 7:40am, so please arrive early to hear Pastor Bob Mahan’s message fromHamilton Mill Christian Church. Then Pat Felt’s perfect rendition of the National Anthem.
- Again, please arrive at the Resort early to allow for delays at the gate, parking, and race bib / tee pick up.
RACE CORRALS: VERY IMPORTANT!
6 Starting Corrals will separate runners by expected finish times:
- Corral 1 - Finish Time of 17:00 - 21:00
- Corral 2 - Finish Time of 21:00 - 25:00
- Corral 3 - Finish Time of 25:00 - 30:00
- Corral 4 - Finish Time of 30:00 - 37:00
- Corral 5 - Finish Time of 37:00 - 45:00
- Corral 6 - Finish Time of 45:00 - 60:00
1. This will work strictly on the ‘Honor System’.
2. Slower runners and walkers please keep to the right.
3. Avoid running in groups of 3-4 runners wide, these groups are often difficult for others to pass. This is especially important in the first mile of the race.
4. Be advised that your own race timing will start as you first cross the starting mats, and finish after crossing the finishing mats.
SUPPORTERS & FAMILY OF PARTICIPANTS:
- Please stay within the marked areas around the start & finish area during the race.
- Only registered runners will be allowed on the race course.
- Enjoy your evening and THANK YOU all for your cooperation!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- Can family come with me in support? Yes, but please stay near the start/finish area.
- What is the course certification number? USATF- GA15008DJ
- Are dogs allowed? No, dogs leave droppings and dogs can bite.
- Are Strollers allowed? ONLY WALKERS WILL BE ALLOWED TO USE STROLLERS!
- Do I have to pay a gate fee? Yes, starting in 2017 each vehicle will pay a $5.00 parking fee at the gate.
- Can I sell my number? No, because the disclaimer is in the registrant's name.
- Can I have a refund? No, sorry no refunds.
- Will there be daycare or kids related activities? No, please bring a caregiver.
- Please email
if this information doesn’t cover your question.
They fell, but o’er that glorious grave, floats free the banner of the cause they died to save. — Francis Marion Crawford